Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Blog Task 3 - Teaching Perspectives Inventory




Blog Task – 3 . Teaching Perspectives Inventory.
Teaching perspectives Inventory (TPI) is a 45 item inventory that will assess your orientation to teaching. There are five qualitative different perspectives on teaching which form the conceptual backbone of the Teaching Perspective Inventory.
TPI help us to understand our own views of these perspectives and how we express them through our own beliefs, intention and actions.
The five perspectives mentioned in this inventory are:
1-      Transmission
2-      Apprenticeship
3-      Development
4-      Nurturing
5-      Social  Reform
My perspective total on Transmission and Nurturing is above the mean marks. I found that I have to be little bit systematic through task leading. Because my marks is between recessive and Dominant line. My perspective total on Apprenticeship is above the Dominant line. That means my guidance and direction on my teaching is recognized and accepted by the learners.
Development and Social Reform perspectives are below the recession line. So what I feel is I have to use more effective questioning on my teaching. And need to demonstrate more examples that are meaningful to the learners.
I found that these scores help me to clarify how I see myself as a professional educator. And I marked that the sub-scores between, Belief and Actions , And, Actions and intention differ by 2 points.  That means my philosophy on teaching is consistent and my beliefs on teaching is strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment